Email me

Translate

Follow on Twitter

Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest The Heart Smart Gourmet on Pinterest!

Follow me on my new Facebook Page!

First Love Missions
My Ministry Web Page

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

God bless.



Saturday, June 11, 2011

Blackened Salmon Sandwich


Blackened salmon is great in a sandwich with a spread of mashed avocado and low-fat, olive oil mayonnaise. Add peppery arugula leaves, cool tomato slices and zesty red onion and you’ve got a sandwich delicioso! If you grill Cajun-style salmon there is no need for any added cooking oil.

4 servings
Total Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients

  • 1 pound skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions
  • 2 teaspoons blackening or Cajun seasoning
  • 1 small avocado, pitted
  • 2 tablespoons low-fat Olive Oil mayonnaise
  • 4 crusty whole-wheat rolls, split and toasted (or 8 slices of good, dense whole-grain bread)
  • 1 cup arugula
  • 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion

Preparation

  1. Oil grill rack (see Tip); preheat grill to high.
  2. Rub salmon on both sides with blackening (or Cajun) seasoning. Grill until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
  3. Mash avocado and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
  4. To assemble sandwiches, spread some of the avocado-mayo mixture on each roll and top with salmon, arugula, tomato and onion.
  • Grill Tip: To oil a grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like fish, it is helpful to lightly spray the food with cooking spray.

Nutrition

Per serving: 414 calories; 14 g fat ( 2 g sat , 6 g mono ); 65 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrates; 33 g protein; 6 g fiber; 775 mg sodium; 756 mg potassium.

Nutrition Bonus: Fiber (24% daily value), Potassium (22% dv), Vitamin C (18% dv), Folate (15% dv), good source of omega-3s.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this
    site? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had problems with
    hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.
    Also visit my web blog : Learn More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogspot but I cant remember the exact template...thanks for commenting though!

      Delete

Please feel free to comment!

Blog Archive

RSS Feed

{http://heartsmartgourmet.blogspot.com/}