Email me

Translate

Follow on Twitter

Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest The Heart Smart Gourmet on Pinterest!

Follow me on my new Facebook Page!

First Love Missions
My Ministry Web Page

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

God bless.



Friday, September 16, 2011

Spicy Bean Dip

This spicy bean dip is a delicious way to incorporate healthy beans into your diet!


Serves: 4 — Prep Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients
  • 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, (no or low salt) reserving 1/2 of the liquid
  • 1 teaspoon Black Fig Vinegar or balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or two garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 pinch of turmeric
Directions
  1. In a blender or food processor, puree the beans with half the bean liquid and the vinegar.
  2. Mix in the spices.
  3. Serve with raw or lightly steamed vegetables or toasted whole-grain pita bread with shredded raw greens.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment!

Blog Archive

RSS Feed

{http://heartsmartgourmet.blogspot.com/}