Email me

Translate

Follow on Twitter

Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest The Heart Smart Gourmet on Pinterest!

Follow me on my new Facebook Page!

First Love Missions
My Ministry Web Page

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

God bless.



Friday, October 14, 2011

Balsamic Vinaigrette

This is my favorite homemade dressing that I eat everyday on my green salads. The recipe is made healthier by adding more vinegar than oil, exactly the opposite of a traditional vinaigrette and no salt. I use a 12 oz bottle to make mine…easier math ;-)

Prep Time: 5 minutes 

Ingredients:

Balsamic vinegar (As needed)
Extra-Virgin olive oil (As needed)
2 tablespoons Herbes De Provence
(1 teaspoon each of thyme, basil, savory, lavender and fennel or you can buy pre-mixed at your local market)

Directions:

  • Fill dressing bottle with a 60-40% ratio of vinegar to oil.
  • Add the Herbes De Provence.
  • Shake bottle to blend all ingredients together.

Let sit for 2 hours before using so that the flavors can meld. Do NOT store in frig or the olive oil will congeal, store in your pantry and this delicious dressing will keep for at least two weeks.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment!

Blog Archive

RSS Feed

{http://heartsmartgourmet.blogspot.com/}